Last Updated on
Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is an amazing dairy free and gluten free breakfast that is great for the whole family. Oatmeal in the Instant Pot is a great set an forget breakfast that will cook while you get ready for the day and when you get back it’s hot and ready to enjoy. Don’t worry – there are stovetop instructions too!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT OATMEAL
The reason I love this recipe so much is that it has a great amount of volume, with half the oats. It’s half oats and half apple with a ton of amazing pecans to fill out the volume and keep your belly full until lunch time. The almond milk keeps it creamy without adding any dairy, however feel free to use any milk of your choice.
INSTANT POT OATMEAL VS. STOVETOP
This recipe can easily be made on the stovetop in a similar amount of time, so why use the Instant Pot? I use it because I don’t have to stand over the stove stirring and making sure it doesn’t over-simmer. I dump it in a pan and turn on the instant pot and go about getting ready for the day.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, though, there are instructions for the stovetop below, so no worries!
The recipe also holds up in the fridge for up to 5 days, so if you want to make it just for you, throw the rest in the fridge and have breakfast done for most of the week.
TIPS FOR COOKING OATMEAL IN THE INSTANT POT
- Get a pan that fits in the instant pot. You can cook a ton of things in a pan placed in the Instant Pot, so go ahead and bite the bullet and spend the $8 on Amazon to get this small pan.
- Use the steamer basket to put the pan on and then add water to steam. This will be the way you pan-cook all things in the Instant Pot.
- Manual release of the pressure will work just fine with this recipe if you’re in a pinch for time, if not, it takes about 10 minutes to release naturally.
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES?
- Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Almond Muffins
- Whole30 Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble
- Gluten Free Buckwheat Banana Pancakes
Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
What You Need
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats ((90 grams))
- 2 cups apples (peeled, chopped (about 200 grams))
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans ((50 grams))
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water ((omit for stovetop))
How to Make It
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- IN A 6-INCH ROUND PAN, combine all dry ingredients and stir to coat the apples. Pour almond milk over the dry ingredients.
- ADD WATER TO THE INSTANT POT with the steamer basket in it. Place the pan on top of the steamer basket and close the instant pot.
- PRESSURE COOK THE OATMEAL on high (or manual setting) for 15 minutes. You can allow the pressure to release on its own or use the manual release, whatever works for your timeline.
- GIVE THE OATS A STIR and serve immediately. The oatmeal will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- IN A MEDIUM SAUCEPAN, combine all ingredients except water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce a simmer for 5-8 minutes or until oatmeal has reached your desired constancy.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN NOW, COOK IT LATER!