BLT avocado chicken salad is a quick and easy solution to a fresh, no-heat lunch or lunch. Diced chicken, bacon, tomatoes and avocado are tossed in a smokey and creamy dressing.
How To Make 15-Minute Chicken Salad
This salad recipe whips up in no time! It’s so simple and so great for easy, ready-made lunches to portion out and store in the fridge for when you’re hungry. If you want to get
Tip #1: Do The Avocados Get Brown?
Don’t worry about the avocados getting brown, there’s lime juice in the dressing that keeps that green and tasty for up to 3 days in the fridge…which kinda works out since the recipe makes 3 servings.
Tip #2: Choose The Right Mayonaise To Keep It Whole30
I used an avocado oil based mayonnaise from Primal Kitchen as the base for the dressing. Just a couple spices and some lime juice and it’s ready to pour over the salad!
Other Low Carb Recipes
Tip #3: You Don’t Have To Make Lettuce Wraps
Just because I put this in lettuce wraps, doesn’t mean you have to. Wraps can get a little messy to eat, so I like to just pile it on top of lettuce or greens and shake it up in a container when I’m on the go.
If you aren’t
BLT Avocado Chicken Salad Wraps
What You Need
- 6 slices bacon uncured, sugar free
- 1 lb boneless. skinless chicken breast halved to make cutlets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon avocado or olive oil based mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup tomatoes diced (2 small or 1 large)
- 2 green onion finely sliced with whites
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 head of romaine or butter lettuce for wrapping
How to Make It
- IN A LARGE SKILLET OR FRYING PAN, cook bacon over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side, or until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and allow to cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- SEASON THE CHICKEN BREAST CUTLETS, with salt and pepper and place into the pan with the bacon drippings. Cook 3 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 165˚F and the inside is no longer pink. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- IN A SMALL BOWL, whisk together mayo, lime juice, garlic and chili powder.
- ONCE THE CHICKEN AND BACON are cool, chop into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (tomato, green onion, and avocado) to the bowl quickly toss to evenly distribute the ingredients. Pour the mayo mixture into the bowl with additional salt and pepper to taste and toss again to coat.
- SPOON THE SALAD into 2-4 lettuce cups per person and serve cold.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
Last Updated on