Gluten Free Baked Ranch Chicken Nuggets
Tender chicken coated with gluten free, ranch flavored bread crumbs and served with a buffalo ranch dipping sauce. These make a great party appetizer or kid-friendly dinner.
- ⅔ cup gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cashew milk (or any nut milk)
- 1 pound chicken breast (trimmed and cut into 1-½ inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons ghee, melted
Ranch Chicken Poppers
Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Place a cooling rack or piece of parchment on a large baking sheet and set aside. In a medium, shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients (breadcrumbs, dill, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper). Blend thoroughly with a whisk or fork.
In another medium bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Add chicken to the milk mixture and toss to coat all pieces.
Dredge chicken pieces in the breadcrumb mixture 2-3 at a time. Place the pieces about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
Once all chicken pieces have been coated and placed on the baking sheet. Brush the tops gently with melted ghee. Bake for 8-10 minutes** or until outside is golden brown and inside is not longer pink (165˚ internal temperature).
Allow to cool completely and then transfer to a serving dish with buffalo aioli.
** Turn the nuggets halfway through if you're not using a drying rack to cook these.
- Butter, coconut oil, or cooking spray can be used instead of ghee depending on your preference
- If you are not gluten free, plain Panko breadcrumbs will be fine
- SHORTCUT - if you need to buy one ore more of the spices needed to make the ranch flavor, consider buying a good quality, dairy and soy free ranch seasoning packet.
- Nutrition information is for a dinner portion and may vary depending on your ingredients.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.4mg