Baked Potato and Cauliflower Soup
Baked Potato and Cauliflower Soup is an easy and tasty recipe with all of the nutritional benefits of cauliflower disguised with potatoes and bacon.
Servings 6 Servings
Cost $9.88 / $1.65 PER SERVING
- 3 slices Bacon cut into ½ peices
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 24 ounces Russet or yukon potatoes peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 4 cups Chicken or Bone Broth
- 1 crown Cauliflower cut into florets, discard leaves and stem
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Chives diced
- Additional shredded cheese
COOK THE BACON: Preheat a large dutch oven over medium-high. Add bacon pieces, stirring frequently until pieces have become crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan to cool on a paper towel.
SAUTÉ ONION AND GARLIC: Add the onion to bacon drippings and cook 3-4 minutes on medium heat until the onions soften and become translucent, add the garlic and stir for 60 seconds.
DEGLAZE AND COOK THE VEGGIES: Add broth to deglaze the pot and use a spoon to stir and scrape up any brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Stir in the cauliflower and potatoes along with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Bring the broth to a boil and then reduce to a heavy simmer and cover for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes and cauliflower are fork-tender.
PUREE: Remove the pot from the heat. Use an immersion blender to purée the mixture for 3-5 minutes or until completely smooth. Add the yogurt and cheese; stir until they have melted and soup is creamy and smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
SERVE: Garnish soup with bacon pieces, chives, and extra cheese.
- MAKE IT WHOLE30: Use coconut cream or milk instead of yogurt and omit cheddar cheese
- IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN IMMERSION BLENDER: Use a blender instead of the emersion blender, however you may have to puree the mixture in batches depending on how large your blender capacity is.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 439mg | Potassium: 798mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 6mg