Whole30 Chicken Stew
A healthy and delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken! Toasted onions, rich bone broth and tons of chicken and veggies make a fantastic dinner or lunches for the whole week!
Cost $12.62 / $2.10 per serving
- 1 lb russet potato
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 cup sliced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 4 cups chicken broth or chicken bone broth
- 2 large carrots cut into ¼-inch slices diagonally
- 8 ounces sliced baby portobella mushrooms
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or cream
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
COOK THE POTATOES: Prick the potatoes with a fork and microwave until soft in the center. Cool slightly, then peel and break into small pieces.
COOK THE OTHER VEGETABLES: Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5, minutes. Sprinkle in the arrowroot and stir until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Add broth, carrots and thyme and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
ADD REMAINGING INGREDIENTS: Add the coconut milk, mushrooms, celery, and potato pieces to the broth mixture and simmer until thickened, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3900IU | Vitamin C: 19.8mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.4mg