Don't hate me if you can't stop eating these amazing cookies! These are chewy soft gluten and dairy free peanut butter cookies that help you get around those allergies and still enjoy a tasty treat.
Every year during the holiday season, I go crazy trying to perfect new cookie recipes. This is the cookie of the year and it's perfect to bring to parties when you know there not be a lot of gluten free or dairy free options for everyone.
- Measure for measure all purpose gluten free flour blend - I buy mine at a local bulk store or the grocery store.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Coconut oil
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
>>See the recipe card for quantities.
STEP 1: Combine the dry ingredients. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour blend, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk them together until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
STEP 2: Begin mixing the wet ingredients. In a stand mixer bowl or a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer, beat together the brown and white sugars with the coconut oil for 90 seconds on medium-high speed. The mixture will be thick at first, then loosen to a fluffy texture.
QUICK TIP: When you make cookies using butter, you'd beat the butter and sugar together for much longer and it gets much fluffier. The coconut oil tends to get a little too loose if you beat it for longer than 1 ½ - 2 minutes. That results in a flatter, crunchier cookie.
STEP 3: Add the remaining wet ingredients. Beat the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract on medium-low speed with the butter and sugar until all the ingredients are fully mixed together.
STEP 4: Combine the dry and wet ingredients together. Add half of the flour mixture to the stand mixer bowl with the wet ingredient mixture. Beat on low speed until the flour in just mixed in. Add the second half of the flour mixture to the bowl and continue to beat on low until just mixed.
Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and fold in any bits of flour from the bottom of the bowl.
STEP 5: Scoop and bake. Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out 1 ½ inch balls of the dough. Arrange them 2 inches apart on two parchment-lined cookie sheets. Wet your hands or the back of the scoop and press the centers of the cookie dough balls down slightly to allow them to flatten while baking.
Bake one cookie sheet at a time in a 350˚ F oven for 10-13 minutes. Let them cool for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a plate or cooling rack.
These cookies stay cook in an airtight bag or container at room temperature for 2-4 days.
If you want them to stay fresh for longer, consider freezing them
Gluten and Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cup measure for measure gluten free all purpose flour blend (188g)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil (120g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (105g)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar (110g)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (185g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- PREPARE: Preheat the oven to 350˚ Fahrenheit and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- MIX TOGETHER DRY INGREDIENTS: In a medium mixing bowl, sift or whisk together the gluten free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside for later.
- MIX TOGETHER WET INGREDIENTS: In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, add the coconut oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 90 seconds. Add the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla to the sugar mixture and turn the mixer on low to mix together until just blended.
- MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER: Once the wet ingredients are fully incorporated, add half of the flour mixture and blend with your mixer on low. Once the flour is almost fully blended in, add the remaining flour blend and continue mixing on low until everything i just blended together. Be careful not to over-mix the flour.
- ROLL COOKIES: Scoop the cookies out onto the prepared baking sheets using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon. Wet your hands or the scoop and press the center of the cookies down to slightly flatten.
- BAKE: Bake the cookies one sheet at a time in the preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are slightly crisp. Allow them to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.