Sautéed Zucchini and Mushrooms a quick and healthy side dish for any meal when you're in a hurry. Butter, garlic, and onions give the mushrooms and zucchini a punch of flavor.
Tips for Making Sautéed Vegetables
Sautéed fresh veggies are a staple in our house and this combination is one of my favorites. Zucchini and mushroom both act as great sponges that take on the flavor of whatever you cook them with.
Other Veggies Combinations Sauté Well
- Halved Brussels sprouts with butternut squash
- Green beans and matchstick carrots
- Chopped asparagus and cherry tomatoes
- Broccoli and Cauliflower
Can You Skip the Butter?
While you can choose another cooking fat other than butter, like olive oil or coconut oil, this recipe just won't turn out great without any fat at all.
If you're trying to keep your veggies as low calorie as possible, use less oil or butter. Start with a teaspoon and add more as needed.
Meal Prep & Storage
Other Healthy Side Dish Recipes
- Shallot and Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Summer Berry Salad
- Whole30 Instant Pot Potato Soup
Quick Sauteed Zucchini & Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon butter (or olive or coconut oil)
- 2 large zucchini (halved and sliced)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- HEAT PAN: Heat a 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add the butter or oil and allow to just melt.
- COOK THE VEGGIES: Add the zucchini, mushrooms, and onions to the hot pan and arrange in an even layer. Allow the vegetables to cook for about 3 minutes before stirring to allow the other sides of vegetables to cook. Stir every couple of minutes for about 6-8 minutes total or until the vegetables become tender.
- ADD GARLIC: Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and stir the vegetable for another 30-60 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant.
- SERVE OR STORE: Add additional salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately or allow to cool before refrigerating for up to 5 days.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER