Jalapeño Popper Corn Dip is a quick and easy appetizer recipe that requires only a few ingredients and 15 minutes to make. It’s made using fresh corn and jalapeño, crispy bacon, and then blended with cheese and cream cheese. It’s SO GOOD!
The heat of the summer is upon us and that means the corn is on super sale! I live in Texas, so it may be way cheaper here, but we’re talking like $2 for 6 ears. I’m not entirely opposed to working with frozen corn, but there is definitely a flavor and texture difference.
So I’m making all the things with corn, that I can…corn chowder, cornbread, Mexican street corn. All so good, and so inexpensive this time of year!
Quick and Easy Corn Dip
This dip came together so fast I was amazed. I thought it was going to have to be a whole thing, boiling the corn, letting it cool and then cutting it off. No. I just cut it off raw and then sautéed it with bacon and some fresh jalapeño.
Then it gets mixed with some cream cheese and jack or Mexican blend shredded cheese and a little salt and pepper while the corn is still hot. The heat from the corn mixture melts the shredded cheese so you get to skip any baking!
Corn Dip Cooking Tips
- Remove the corn laying on its side. I’m super mad at myself for not getting a picture of this one! It’s a great tip to prevent the corn from going all over your kitchen floor! Don’t stand the corn up to cut it off, lay it on its side instead. Once you create that flat side, keep turning it and cutting off the next section. Do that all the way around and you should end up with way less of a mess and also all of your fingers.
- Use gloves to cut the jalapeño. My husband keeps disposable vinyl gloves around to do projects with paint and such, so I just throw some on to cut up the jalapeño. After an incident of trying to take my contacts out, hours and many hand washes after cutting a jalapeño, and still ending up with the pepper’s fiery wrath in my eyeball, I use gloves.
WATCH THE VIDEO
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
- Apple Cinnamon Chex Mix – gluten-free snack mix made with apple chips, cinnamon Chex, cranberries, and spiced nuts.
- Bacon Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms – simple to make and have no dairy or gluten and they’re super low in calories. The bacon is smokey and the pecans add a little sweetness to make this a tasty and easy appetizer recipe everyone will love!
- Pumpkin Spice Hummus – Pumpin Spice Hummus is both sweet and savory and crazy easy to whip up at a fraction of the cost of store-bought hummus. If you’re looking for a dip for both fruit and veggies, this is the one.
- Spicy Avocado Ranch Dip – A delicious and healthier version of your typical ranch dip that spiced up with avocado and some extra spices and then boosted with avocado and greek yogurt.
Jalapeno Popper Corn Dip
What You Need
- 2 slices of bacon (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups of fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 large jalapeño (finely diced)
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces pepper jack or mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
How to Make It
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add bacon and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the corn and jalapeño and sauté an additional 3 minutes and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the corn mixture to the bowl and stir to combine.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER!