Oven roasted potato wedges are tender on the inside and a crispy golden brown on the outside. These oven-roasted potato wedges are seasoned to perfection with rosemary, garlic, and onion.
Easy Oven Roasted Potato Wedges
Making these fries is super simple, but they are really pretty and delicious. They are great as a side with burgers or you can serve them as an appetizer at a party with some dijon mustard dip or just plain ketchup.
Football season is nearly upon us and this will be on our table for some of the games, for sure!
Can You Use Any Type of Potato?
I use red potatoes for this recipe because they look good, they come in the right shape and size, and the flavor is right.
However, if you want to get some other potatoes that will cut easily into wedges, go for it. They’ll be just as delicious. Other good options might be purple, baby yukon, fingerling, or baby white.
Are They Healthy?
This recipe is made with a short list of ingredients, all of which are natural and healthy: herbs and spices, potatoes and extra virgin olive oil. About a cup of these are only 140 calories.
What to Serve With Potato Wedges
If you’re enjoying these as an appetizer, I love to serve a double batch of potato wedges with a simple mustard aioli or spicy avocado ranch dip.
Can You Use Dried Rosemary?
Absolutely! I would have the amount of rosemary if you’re using dried. So toss in 1/2 a teaspoon instead of 1 teaspoon.
More Potato Recipes
- Baked Seasoned Sweet Potatoe Fries with Avocado Aioli – Whole30 & Paleo
- Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup – Whole30, Quick and Easy
- Grilled Potatoes with Rosemary Browned Butter – learn how to make potatoes on the grill!
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Bacon & Pecans – savory sweet potato casserole
Rosemary Potato Wedges
What You Need
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced ((1 teaspoon dried))
- 1 pound medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into fries)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
How to Make It
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 450˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- IN A SMALL BOWL, ADD garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir together using a whisk or fork.
- IN A SEPARATE, LARGE BOWL add sweet potatoes and oil. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes in oil. Then sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the top of the oiled sweet potatoes. Toss to coat again.
- ARRANGE THE SEASONED POTATOES WEDGES evenly over the prepared baking sheet, making sure they do not touch. Bake at 450 for 30 minutes, turning halfway through. If you cut your fries thicker, you may need more time to get them golden brown. Serve fresh from the oven with tangy mustard aioli.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.