Last Updated on
Shallot and Garlic Roasted Broccoli is one of my favorite ways to prepare broccoli. It’s easy to throw in the oven while you’re cooking the rest of your meal and has tons more flavor than basic, steamed broccoli.
Roasted Broccoli: One Pan and 15 Minutes
Besides all the extra flavor, one of my favorite things about this recipe is how quick it is to make, and the other is how few dishes it requires. Everything is spread over one sheet pan coated in parchment and drizzles with oil, a quick sprinkle of salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes. Done. So Easy! So tasty!
- Tearing the large, precut broccoli florets into smaller pieces makes it easier to eat and helps it cook faster.
- This recipe also works amazing with shaved Brussels sprouts and whole green beans, although the timing may vary slightly.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROCCOLI
Broccoli is one of the great green vegetables that come with a long list of health benefits, due to the cruciferous family it comes from. Not only is it a great source of fiber, to aid in digestion and keep you full, once cooked cup supplies you with over double the daily requirement of vitamin C. All that vitamin C will help keep your skin glowing and immune system firing on all cylinders.
Broccoli also has a ton of vitamin A and folate. Vitamin A will further aid your immune function and also contribute to proper eye health. Folate is great for pregnant women because it lowers the risk of neural tube defects. It also helps keep certain cancers and heart disease at bay. In short, you should be picking up broccoli at the grocery store on the reg.
OTHER SIDE DISH RECIPES TO TRY
- Green Beans with Bacon and Mushrooms – a Whole30 take on Green Bean casserole
- Roasted Rosemary Potato Wedges – simple, healthy, delicious
- Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Avocado Aioli – crispy and baked
- Asparagus with Feta and Pine Nuts – done in 15 minutes!
Shallot and Garlic Roasted Broccoli
What You Need
- 6 cups broccoli florets (pulled into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot (peeled, quartered and sliced thin)
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Adjust top oven rack to the top position.
- SPREAD BROCCOLI, SHALLOT AND GARLIC evenly on the parchment and drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat. Spread out evenly again and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- ROAST THE BROCCOLI for 10 minutes or until and tender as desired. 10 minutes will give more of an al dente texture. Serve immediately.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER