Roasted Asparagus with Feta and Pine Nuts is a fresh and flavorful take on your standard roasted asparagus. After adding toasted pine nuts and some rice feta cheese and fresh squeezed lemon, this isn’t your typical asparagus.
When asparagus is in season, I make it at least once a week. Roasted asparagus is an easy way to shake up plain, steamed asparagus. Then why not put it over the top with some feta and toasted pine nuts?
HOW TO ROAST ASPARAGUS
This recipe is simple, fresh and easy. It’s great for get-togethers because it looks like you put a whole lot more work into it, than you actually did. That’s basically the story of my life, the appearance of a lot of time spent on things. The truth is, I don’t have a lot of time, so my recipes are almost always going to be pretty freakin’ simple.
You’re simply roasting the asparagus with some olive oil, salt and pepper and some chopped garlic for 10-15 minutes.
That being said, this dish serves well with EVERYTHING. Steaks, pork tenderloin, fish, chicken, pork chops, and for all the vegetarians, with a big side of quinoa.
Make it a Meal
- Garlic Chili Crispy Chicken Thighs – perfect keto dinner!
- Cast Iron Skillet Sirloin – another low carb meal that you can meal prep
- Grilled Potatoes with Rosemary Browned Butter – for a tasty summer meal.
Roasted Asparagus with Feta and Pine Nuts
What You Need
- 1½ pounds asparagus (trimmed)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
How to Make It
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 450˚ . Toss the asparagus with garlic, oil, ⅛ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet with sides. Roast, turning one to two times, until the asparagus is tender-crisp, 10 to 15 minutes.
- WHILE THE ASPARAGUS IS ROASTING, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Place pine nuts in the skillet and cook until golden and fragrant, tossing often to avoid burning. Remove the nuts from heat and set aside.
- When the asparagus has finished cooking, transfer to your serving plate and then top with feta, pine nuts, lemon juice and additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER!