California Slider Bowls are a great weeknight recipe and a healthier burger alternative! This dish has got all the amazing flavors of a California Burger in a salad, so you get a ton more vitamins and minerals.
Two Ingredient Sliders
I use an easy shortcut to get these sliders seasoned and cooking really quickly. I use a green onion dip mix or dairy free ranch mix to season the turkey or beef. Simply Organic and Primal Palate both have a really great line of spice mixes that are mostly Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
All you have to do is put your meat and seasoning in a mixing bowl and knead it with your hands (you can use a spoon, but it takes forever to get the spices evenly distributed).
Once the seasoning is even throughout the meat, roll them into 2-ounce balls and pat into 1-inch thick patties.QUICK TIP: I use a kitchen scale and put the whole bowl of meat on the scale and clear out the weight (tare). Then pull it out two ounces at a time.
SUPER EASY HAMBURGER DRESSING
This one is another hardcore, weeknight shortcut. A honey mustard dressing works great on this, but I like to do a simple ketchup+mustard+balsamic combo to really make it taste like a hamburger in a bowl.
If you’re want to be Whole30 or Paleo compliant, you’re going to have to be really mindful of your ingredients here. These are some of my favorite Whole30 compliant condiments that go GREAT with this bowl.
BURGER, NO BUN
Instead of a bun, you’re piling all the delicious things you would put on a hamburger into a bowl: burger, tomato, greens, avocado, bacon and a pickle.
It tastes amazing, is more voluminous (more filling) and has a ton more micronutrients than a bun.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
Obviously, everyone has there own favorite burger toppings and condiments. You could add onions, peppers, mushrooms, cheese (if you’re fortunate enough not to have a dairy intolerance), really anything you love on a burger will make this awesome!
Get cooking and enjoy! This whole recipe should only take about 20 minutes from start to finish, so it’s great for weeknights, as mentioned. Let me know how you like it below or if you make any changes, I love to hear from you all!
OTHER AWESOME MEAL PREP IDEAS
- Breakfast Taco Scramble – Whole30, Paleo
- Citrus Marinated Steak Fajitas – Whole30, Paleo
- Instant Pot Carnitas – Whole30, Paleo
- 20-minute Chicken Fried Rice – Soy-free, high protein
California Slider Bowls
What You Need
- 1 pound 90-93% lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons ranch mix or 1 packet
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 cups baby spinach or arugula
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 avocados (halved and sliced)
- 1 cup pickle slices
- 1/4 cup ketchup ((whole 30 approved))
- 3 tablespoons dairy free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
How to Make It
- MAKE THE BURGERS: In a medium bowl, combine turkey and seasoning packet. Fold together with hands or a wooden spoon until the mixture is evenly seasoned. Then roll the turkey into 2-ounce balls and press into slider patties and set aside.
- COOK THE BACON: Arrange the bacon slices in a large skillet. Bring the skillet to medium heat and pan fry the bacon slices, about 3 minutes per side or until the bacon reaches your desired level of crispieness. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- COOK THE SLIDERS: With the bacon drippings still in the pan, arrange the turkey patties to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until the center is no longer pink. Remove from the heat and allow to drain on paper towel lined plate.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, mustard mayo 1and vinegar.
- ASSEMBLE THE BOWLS: add spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado, pickles, 2 sliders and 1 piece of bacon, crumbled to 4 large salad bowls. Our 2 tablespoons of dressing over each bowl and serve.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values as a nutritionist. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, you’ll simply keep me supplied in caffeine. It’s a win for everyone, really.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER!