Chipotle ranch seasoning is a blend of dried herbs and spices that is dairy-free (so Whole30 and Paleo approved) but makes great dips, dressings, chicken, burgers, and more.
Quick Tips for this Recipe
When you’re eating dairy-free, Paleo or Whole30, making your own seasoning blends is sometimes a better alternative to buying them.
Most ranch seasoning blends in the grocery store are going to have buttermilk powder, maltodextrin, soy product, and other additives. Making your own is a cost-effective way to avoid all of that.
How Much Does it Cost to Make it Yourself?
It cost me about $2.66 to make about 2/3 cup of seasoning or the equivalent of about 10 of those packets you buy at the store (for around $2 each) that have those extra fillers. Here’s the detailed cost breakdown:
How long does it stay good?
Just keep it in an airtight container in the fridge and this seasoning blend is good for around 3 months.
How to make dressing or dipDIP: Mix 2 tablespoons of the seasoning with 1 – 1 1/2 cups of plain yogurt, sour cream, non-dairy plain yogurt, or 1/2 coconut cream and 1/2 cup of avocado oil mayonnaise. DAIRY FREE DRESSING: Mix two tablespoons chipotle ranch seasoning with 1 cup of avocado oil mayonaise, 1/4 cup coconut cream and 2 tablespoons vinegar (white or red wine).
Dip or dressing will only be good for about 3 days in the fridge. The good thing about having the seasoning already made is you can make as much or as little as you need in that amount of time, just scale it accordingly.
RECIPES TO THAT USE CHIPOTLE RANCH SEASONING
- Gluten-Free Ranch Chicken Nuggets – Tender chicken breast pieces with a gluten-free ranch bread crumb coating are baked to crispy perfection in under 20 minutes.
- California Burger Bowl – all the amazing flavors of a California Burger in a salad, so you get a ton more vitamins and minerals.
- Spicy Avocado Ranch Dip – A delicious and healthier version of your typical ranch dip that spiced up with avocado and some extra spices and then boosted with avocado and greek yogurt.
Dairy-Free Chipotle Ranch Seasoning Blend
What You Need
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
How to Make It
- PROCESS HERBS AND SPICES: Place all of the ingredients in the food processor. Pulse 10-12 times to fully incorporate.
- STORAGE: Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 months.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER