THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Coming at you with a huge dose of fall flavors with Grain Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. This paleo pumpkin spice pancake is like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast. They're tender and loaded with flavor without any refined sugars, grains or dairy.
Almond Flour Pumpkin Pancakes
The base of these pancakes is almond flour, making them completely grain free. It's a super simple recipe of primarily fine almond flour (you can use the almond meal, but they'll be pretty grainy and possible crumbly...just a word of caution), eggs, and baking powder.
MONEY SAVING TIP: If you have a Costco membership, or a generous friend or family member with one, get your almond flour there! A
Ingredients and Substitutes
Pumpkin. The star of the show! Make sure you grab pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling. If you want to change up the flavors of your grain free pancakes, try sweet potato or banana puree.
Almond flour. A great alternative to grain based flours and usually readily available in your baking or natural foods aisle. If you don't have any on hand, coconut flour will also work, however I would start with ½ a cup and add more to get the desired consistency.
OTHER AWESOME BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Vegan Blueberry Almond Muffins
- Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble
- Banana Oatmeal Bites
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Now to the good part, the recipe! Please pin for later and when you make it, let me know what you think. You can comment below OR find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. If you want healthy recipes sent right to your inbox, go ahead and fill out the form below for my weekly newsletter!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix until the ingredients have completely blended together and are smooth. If needed, stop blending to scrape down the sides or corners of your blender and then continue mixing.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to or griddle to medium heat. For each pancake, pour about ¼ cup or use a batter scoop and use a spoon or the scoop to spread them out to about 6" rounds, as the batter is pretty thick to keep them fluffy.
- When your sides begin to get opaque and gently flip them over and allow them to cook another 30-60 seconds. I consistently got 8, 6" pancakes from the recipe.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER!