Last Updated on
Coming at you with a huge dose of fall flavors with Grain Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. This paleo pumpkin spice pancake is like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast. They’re tender and loaded with flavor without any refined sugars, grains or dairy.
[button link=”#recipe” size=”small” color=”blue” rounded=”false” ]Skip to Recipe[/button]
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR PUMPKIN PANCAKES
The base of these pancakes is almond flour, making them completely grain free. It’s a super simple recipe of primarily fine almond flour (you can use the almond meal, but they’ll be pretty grainy and possible crumbly…just a word of caution), eggs, and baking powder.
MONEY SAVING TIP: If you have a Costco membership, or a generous friend or family member with one, get your almond flour there! A
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKES
Sweet Potato or Banana. If pumpkin is not your jam, you can easily substitute the same amount of mashed sweet potato or banana for the pumpkin puree and still have awesome gluten free/ grain free pancakes!
Coconut Flour. Coconut flour is almond flour’s low cost, lower carb bestie and you can totally use it. Coconut flour absorbs a lot more liquid, though, so you have two options. The first option would be to decrease the flour to 1/4 and work you way up to the consistency you want. The alternative option is to add 2-3 more eggs with the same 1/2 cup a flour that is called for. Your choice!
OTHER AWESOME BREAKFAST RECIPES
Now to the good part, the recipe! Please pin for later and when you make it, let me know what you think. You can comment below OR find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. If you want healthy recipes sent right to your inbox, go ahead and fill out the form below for my weekly newsletter!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
What You Need
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
How to Make It
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix until the ingredients have completely blended together and are smooth. If needed, stop blending to scrape down the sides or corners of your blender and then continue mixing.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to or griddle to medium heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup or use a batter scoop and use a spoon or the scoop to spread them out to about 6″ rounds, as the batter is pretty thick to keep them fluffy.
- When your sides begin to get opaque and gently flip them over and allow them to cook another 30-60 seconds. I consistently got 8, 6″ pancakes from the recipe.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values as a nutritionist. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, you’ll simply keep me supplied in caffeine. It’s a win for everyone, really.
Get weekly and monthly update on the latest recipes, posts, what's going on with our crazy family and healthy tips and recommendations.