Cranberry and swiss cream cheese spread layered on a wheat tortilla with turkey, lettuce and tomato piled on top. Cranberry turkey pinwheels are perfect for appetizers and a big hit with kids for a no-heat lunch!
You know when you get to a party and roll up to the finger foods 30 minutes later to find cold pigs in a blanket? To max sure my food looks appetizing all night, I try to just find an easy cold appetizer recipe to bring.
Everything You Need to Know About Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels
I love cold appetizers. There’s no need to babysit them to make sure they keep warm. Wraps fit the cold appetizer bill perfectly.
I used to buy these already made at the grocery store. If you’re pressed for time, you can always go that route. But it’s soooo much cheaper just to make them yourself!
This recipe costs about $16 to make. That’s almost $20 cheaper than buying the same quantity on a party platter from my local grocery store! And that extra $20 is really only saving you the 15 minutes it takes to make them.
Cranberry Swiss Spread
The simple cranberry Swiss spread is the the key to making these a little different than your basic turkey sandwich. The cranberries make it kind of perfect for a fall appetizer or even lunch.
Swiss, cream cheese and dried cranberries are all whipped together to make these have my favorite sweet and salty vibe.
Healthy Cold Lunch for Kids and Adults
I am always looking for a healthy lunch that I don’t have to microwave and stink up the whole office. Well, this cranberry turkey pinwheel recipe makes an awesome wrap too. I like to get low carb tortillas (like these) and just cut them in half. Then I’ll pack them with some fruit and veggies.
I also love to pack these in pinwheels for for my son’s lunches. For whatever reason, when we would send him with hot food they would overheat it and he was traumatized and wouldn’t eat heated food ever again at school. The I strictly sent cold food and these little deli rollups are some of his favorites!
More Appetizer Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Hummus – a tasty mix of sweet and savory
- Jalapeno Popper Corn Dip – Cheesy and spicy with all the bacon
- Honey-Chipotle Chicken Wings – baked and delicious!
- Bacon Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms – Whole30 and Paleo
Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels
What You Need
- 8 ounces Turkey Breast, slices thin
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Swiss cheese ((shredded))
- 2/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 medium tomatoes ((cut into 1/8-inch slices))
- butter lettuce
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Divide the cranberry spread amongst the 4 tortillas and spread all the way to the edges. Top the cheese with 2 ounces of turkey, 2 lettuce leaves and 4 slices of tomatoes and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Tightly roll the tortilla up from one side to the other. Cut into 1-2 inch evenly sized slices. The pinwheels can be served right away or stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER!