If you’re having a hard time getting your kids to finish their healthy dinner – Ranch Chicken Nuggets to the rescue! Tender chicken breast pieces with a gluten free ranch breadcrumb coating are baked to crispy perfection in under 20 minutes.
GLUTEN FREE CHICKEN NUGGETS
These gluten free Panko bread crumbs are all you need to transform these nuggets into a gluten free, delicious appetizer.
CRISPY RANCH COATING
Just a few spices and dried herbs give these chicken nuggets all the delicious flavor of ranch without any dipping sauce at all.
TIPS TO MAKE THIS RECIPESHORTCUT: If you need to buy one or more of the spices needed to make the ranch flavor that you don’t think you’ll use any more in the future, consider grabbing a dairy free, organic ranch packet (the flavor really is better in the high quality ones).
FOR EXTRA CRISPY NUGGETS: Using the drying rack inside the baking sheet will also make a big difference in how crispy you can get these on all sides. Elevating them off the bottom of the rack allows them to cook on all sides. If you can justify spending the cash on one, grab some parchment and turn them halfway through the baking time.
WHAT TO SERVE IT WITHDIPPING SAUCE: This dipping sauce is crazy easy to make and turns these nuggets into a great appetizer for parties. Simply combine your favorite Whole30 ranch dressing or dip with buffalo sauce and you’re the hero of the party. VEGGOES: I like to serve ranch chicken nuggets with loads of raw veggies just like buffalo chicken. Celery and carrots go over great at our house, but there’s always cherry tomatoes, broccoli and snap peas. SWEET POTATO FRIES: Baked sweet potato fries go great with these. Find my favorite recipe here.
Gluten Free Baked Ranch Chicken Nuggets
What You Need
- 2/3 cup gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or any nut milk)
- 1 pound chicken breast (trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons ghee, melted
How to Make It
Ranch Chicken Poppers
- In a medium, shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients (breadcrumbs, dill, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper). Blend thoroughly with a whisk or fork.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Add chicken to the milk mixture and toss to coat all pieces.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the breadcrumb mixture 2-3 at a time. Place the pieces about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Once all chicken pieces have been coated and placed on the baking sheet. Brush the tops gently with melted ghee. Bake for 8-10 minutes** or until outside is golden brown and inside is not longer pink (165˚ internal temperature).
- Allow to cool completely and then transfer to a serving dish with buffalo aioli.
- Butter, coconut oil, or cooking spray can be used instead of ghee depending on your preference
- If you are not gluten free, plain Panko breadcrumbs will be fine
- SHORTCUT – if you need to buy one ore more of the spices needed to make the ranch flavor, consider buying a good quality, dairy and soy free ranch seasoning packet.
- Nutrition information is for a dinner portion and may vary depending on your ingredients.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.
PIN IT NOW, MAKE IT LATER
Last Updated on