Last Updated on
Classic cranberry chicken salad is a meal prep staple. It’s high in protein, low and calories and super simple to make in less than 15 minutes!
TIPS FOR MAKING HIGH PROTEIN APPLE CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD
This chicken salad recipe takes no more than 15 minutes to make, especially if you have chicken already made. If you’re good to go, skip ahead to the recipe card. But if you want some tips, have a quick read.
TIP #1: CHICKEN SALAD IS THE BEST FOR CHICKEN OR TURKEY LEFTOVERS
If you already have chicken on the menu, or you’re stuck with a bunch of leftovers, chicken salads are my favorite. When I roast a chicken, I like to double the recipe and chop up the leftovers for chicken salad or just to have in the freezer for when I need it.
If you’re chicken isn’t seasoned, you may want to add additional salt and pepper. I usually make this with chicken breasts that have been liberally seasoned with salt and pepper. If you are using roast chicken or rotisserie chicken, you may add a little more.
TIP #2: HOW TO MAKE A GREEK YOGURT DRESSING
This dressing for Apple Cranberry Chicken salad is super simple. You only need 5 ingredients (two of which are salt and pepper, sooo…really 3):
- greek yogurt (I like plain 2% Fage)
- fresh lemon juice (bottled doesn’t taste the same)
- dijon mustard
Simply whip those together, coat the salad ingredients, and chill.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad
What You Need
- 4 cups cooked chicken (about 3 breasts)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped small)
- 2 medium apples (cored, peeled and chopped)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans (toasted)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (finely minced)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice ((about 1 ½ small lemons))
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- COMBINE THE SALAD INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, apples, cranberries and pecans. Toss to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, slat and pepper.
- COMBINE EVERYTHING: Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture. Stir to coat the chicken completely.
- Chicken salad can be served immediately, but is best if chilled for at least an hour.
**This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use and that align with my values. See my affiliate disclaimer here.